This Centre provides an environment where every child shall:
- Receive positive reinforcement and direction to guide and manage behaviour.
- Be encouraged to accept others and embrace diversity.
- Be stimulated in a rich and meaningful environment to develop their own individuality.
- Have an opportunity to learn and develop in an inclusive environment free from bias.
- Be supported to develop initiative, independence, confidence and self esteem.
- Be supported and encouraged to work as a team member and be given the opportunity to develop problem solving skills.
- Be supported to build secure and respectful relationships.
- Be a part of their own learning journey through choices and documentation.
The Centre acknowledges that parents are the first and most important educators of their children and provides and environment that:
- Is supportive of parents in the education, care and development of their children.
- Encourages open communication between Parents, Staff and the Management Committee.
- Is informative of all relevant aspects of the Centre and about children’s health, education and wellbeing.
- Is welcoming of discussion about their child’s care.
- Is encouraging of parent participation and uses parental feedback to shape and improve the delivery of the service.
The centre acknowledges that a positive workplace sets the foundation for optimum engagement of educators therefore we will provide a workplace that:
- Is happy, safe, supportive and professional
- Is accepting of educators being involved in decision making.
- Is active in its communication between educators and the Management Committee
- Is supportive of professional learning and development activities.
- Is supportive of educators members’ individuality and where possible creates a family friendly workplace.
- Aims to support the wellbeing of all educators and team members
The Management Committee is responsible to the Community for the long term future of the centre. To do this the Management Committee will:
- Endeavour to implement, and regularly review, the Centre’s mission, vision, philosophy and policies.
- Oversee the financial viability, risk management, planning, employment and licensing matters
- Recognise that the staff are the Centre’s biggest asset and will aim to provide an environment where staff members’ happiness and wellbeing is developed and maintained.
- Employ and support the Director to ensure the Centre runs efficiently.
- Review the Directors performance and its own performance.
The Centre recognises that we form part of a wider community therefore we will:
- Integrate into existing support networks and take an active interest in other community groups.
- Promote a sense of community within the early childhood setting.
- Build connections between our service and the local community.