St Morris Community Child Care Centre educators and Management understand and accept that:
– It is vital that every child’s rights are fostered and protected
– Children come to us with an innate sense of wonder and a desire to learn and this should be encouraged
– All children have similarities yet they are amazingly unique. This individuality will be encouraged and cherished.
– Each child comes to us with their own story, background and culture and this should be valued. This includes Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
– Children’s parents are their primary carers and educators and this relationship should be respected
– Children’s sense of Being, Belonging and Becoming should be celebrated and nurtured
– Best practice can only be achieved through the use of professional development, dialogue, reflection and quality improvement